Drake
August 27th, 2005
I just started this because I'm bored and Vizcaino convinced me to do it, but like with MySpace, I'll likely become addicted and get into it.
Yesterday i got an x-ray done on my right knee to see if i have a fracture or bone bruise or something. That caused me to miss the dance, then i did a pool workout. I don't have much to talk about, so I'll give a history of my knee...
Historty of my knee hurting: I went to the YMCA skatepark in Pleasant Hill where i did a bar-humper over a jump and ate shit. I landed on my knee, but it wasn't that bad there, so i ran to the Rim from my house and did Rim and a half then ran home. It didn't hurt at all that night or the next day, so i ran a 10 mile trail in Berkeley with Emerson. That was the first time i was ever able to really keep up with Emerson for a long distance so I was stoked and we went really fast. That night i was a little sore, but nothing too bad. When i woke up the next morning, i could barely walk because my right knee hurt so bad, it even hurt to drive pushing on the gas. I didn't do anything that day and the next day. The day after that I drove to Oregon with my dad, and i ran 7 miles, which didn't hurt too bad until later that night. I iced and the next morning ran 2 miles, but when I started to feel it, I turned back. I did a pool workout that day and went river rafting in 4+ rapids, it was sick. I got back that night and figured out my uncle has an olyptical at his house, and used that, and there was no pain, I was stoked. I took the next day off, then the next, ran 9 miles. That hurt so I took another day off and ran 8.5 the next. I really should learn from my mistakes... It hurt pretty bad so I took the next 4 days off except pool workouts at motels, and I rode my bike up a really big hill in Mammoth, at 8,000 feet. When 4 days was up, I ran 9 on a tread mill at some hotel fitness room... once again a dumb decision. I took the next 2 and half weeks off except a lot of pool workouts. On Tuesday of this week i ran 1 mile, then when i started to feel my knee, stopped. I knew i had to go to a doctor... Badly. Yesterday i got an x-ray, then pooled last night.
I most likely have some sort of bone bruise/muscle bruise, but maybe a small fracture or ligament/tendon damage. My cartiledge is fine for sure though.