Previous Posts

Archives

Links
Drake
Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday

Today i snuck Viz into the Claremont and that was funny cuz the lady got mad. What a bitch, at least we were already out the gate. hahaha. I did a pool workout there and Chris sat in the hot tub cuz his hip's injured. Three of the top 4-5 Campolindo cross country spots are injured right now. Chris's injury is most likely a run through, Tom's is possibly a stress fracture on his shin, but he won't see the doctor and i have some sort of bone bruise/muscle bruise on the upper part of my right knee. We'll be ok by Ed Sias though. If it was today we'd be relying on Emerson, Kyle and Jed, plus some other dudes who are my bros but unmentioned, I'd hate to leave ppl out. At least the girls look fucking good right now. No worries, we'll be back on top of our game soon. I got my xray on friday and i dont have my results yet. Fuckin kaiser. They also set up an appointment with and orthopedic surgeon for me next friday, not this friday, next friday. Thats too long, at least ill get my xray results before then.
Since I recently started this blogger stuff, I'm gonna be a dork and give an account of my running career. This is more so that ill remember it. 1)The first month of track season, i just ran down to the commons to go build dirt jumps for my bike with Forrest, we were bad ass. 2)i ran my heart out compared to my training at a practice meet at miramonte, running the 1600 at a woohoo, 5:12. though this seems slow as all hell, it was when i realized i had potential, and started going to practices, and at the same time, my jumps were torn down, it must have been a sign. I worked hard from that point on, i even ran on the saturday of the weekend following that race. About a week and a half later, i went to the Piedmont Distance Festival, and ran a 5.00.6 mile, and i was like damn, i didn't break five on my first race that mattered, at least i won the race, and a t-shirt. 2) The plateau before the rise: I broke 5 a few days later, and the next i got 5:02, but ran my first 800 in 2:18. I wasn't really to happy about this meet, it was ok. At the next meet, I ran a 4:57 again, a 2:16 in the 800, and in my first 4 by 400, ran a 58. around this time was an invitational at miramonte, which i ran the 1200 in 3:28, which was pretty cool, cuz i put a gap on the pack in the frosh soph distance medley and Chris HD ran a 56, so we were in first place, then Wilita ran the 800 fairly well, dropping us into second, not too shabby. but then there was our 1600 man. It was embarrassing(5:50ish) At least Chris and i got first, and with Wilita, second. 3) The endings of my non-progression: Some time near the end of that was spring break. i ran 12 miles over all of spring break, and i knew i had to get serious. I trained hard and later we had the Bob Warren Relays, where one of our 4 by 1600 guys didnt show up, and i ran half assed (5:41), ok less than half assed, maybe a third. Since i took that nice warm up, the 4 by 800 was gonna be good. First off, Chris Harland Dunaway with a 2:10.6, we were tied for first, next was wilita with a strong 2:13, now we had the lead, the next was Wheeler, who ran a 2:18, but i dont think badly of that because he kept the lead and had no push. Then it was me. I was almost neck and neck with Saint Mary's, went out too fast, and slightly slowed down, luckily i pulled a small pack with me too fast, and got them worn out. I dont mean to exaggerate, cuz im not, or be arrogant, but I put a 50 foot gap on the pack, and we took first, we won by 6 seconds. Of course this was frosh soph so whatever, but i ran a 2:09, so it was sick. Later that meet, i ran a 56 in the 400. 4)My dominance remains firm(but less arrogant/self important sounding) After that we had a bye/by? where we didnt have a meet for a week and then when we got back, the coaches made me do a 3200. I was nervous, and ran a 10:30, which wasnt too bad, but it was my first try and i think it sucks. That was the only 3200 ive ever run, but i got third in varsity/first in frosh soph, so whatev. a week later it was raining at the Alhambra meet, and i told all my friends i was gonna break 4:50, and i ran a 4:48, so pressuring myself was good. i also ran a 2:13 800, ok after that mile. I got sick the next morning and stayed bed-ridden for 4 days, then on tuesday, i had league. I was in frosh soph, but i wanted to win, so i did with a 4:45. Coming off of being sick didnt affect me too much, but i missed the 800 and 3200 because i had to do the 4 by 4, and i was sick, so i was saving up for a team effort, but i should have done the other ones. Jules messed something up so he couldn't run, putting wheeler in his place, who ran a 66, it was over. I ran a 58, cuz i was sick. that race was awful. so 2:09, 3:28, 4:45, and 10:30, and a few medals and frosh soph most valuable distance athlete. frosh soph means nothing to me... Now for my 1st cross country season, and track next year.

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates