Previous Posts

Archives

Links
Drake
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I wrote this last night then my internet died

12x200, but they were obviously over 200m. Chuck and I just walked around the field and eyeballed about 200, when the first was 44, that was obviously wrong so he moved it back like to where I was running 40/39 so it was still definitely over 200m by a bit even then. My fastest was 38, the rest on all these was about 80m jog. I took the rest a bit faster than anyone there could handle at this point and ended up lapping the entire team. Nate and Colby, if I lap you again youre getting kicked in the nuts.
This last week has been kinda fun yet pretty depressing in some ways. Tree house party #2 and chillin with all my friends and the alums who I got to know after they graduated but didnt know when they went to high school... weird. Vizci left and that kinda sucks not having him around, Torrey is leaving tomorrow and so is Dev.
Chucks program is so different but Im going to follow it, there is less mileage than I have been doing but its very fast, everything is so intense and it just plain makes sense. It actually uses a lot of the same principles I use but its all faster mileage and less of it, not too much less that I will become afraid and start doing more though, it just will work, I trust him finally. His teams have all been so good, I was thinking recently how he never has really good guys, but then I looked up some results and his 2000-2004 teams were really really good boys teams. I have so far run 700+ miles, I forget how many exactly and by the time Walsh's plan is up I will have done 800 so Im pretty psyched on that, that base has helped so much already, like in todays workout I was able to recover quickly between intervals yet I was running the equivalent of about 30-32 of an actual 200 and it was on grass, and about 20 minutes after the last interval I was completely recovered from the workout. Everything about Chucks plan is just plain good. Did I mention I slept 5 and a half hours last night and 6 the night before? No but now I did. Im so tired. Ima have some pie and milk then off to beddy bye.

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates