Drake
Oregon
So my dad, cousin and I went for what was supposed to be a nice rafting trip down the Upper Klammath River, which normally has a class of 4+ in its biggest spots, but the damn above was letting out twice as much water as it usually does, making the river higher and much faster. We had done this river before and made it down successfully, but in normal conditions. This time, because of the unusual amount of water being let out, it was a class 5 rapid. Now the biggest rapids on the river are right off the bat, so we went in and the boat started to flip, I fell out first and started being washed away very quickly through rocks and shit and kept being pulled underwater while some of the other people in my raft were holding onto the sides and staying afloat. So there I was being thrown under water and falling about 5 feet at a time while trying to stay where I could breath and all this crazy shit was going down and I was having the biggest adrenaline rush that you can have, literally. So at one point in this 1/4 mile speedy float down stream, I get back to our raft and hold onto it, and the others who are holding onto it let out a "yay" then we hit this big drop and everyone is knocked off again, lol. Now I am on my own again trying to stay alive and not let my legs get cut up on all these motherfucking jagged rocks that are everywhere trying to hurt me and make it so I cant run, bastards. Luckily, they told us what to do if we are going down in the rapids if we are not in a raft, you are supposed to lie on your back with your feet in front of you, but that is impossible at times when you are being sucked into these huge swells and flipped and shit. So I used that method as much as I could, which was very hard especially with all the water I had swallowed and the thought that I was going to die deterred me from thinking straight a lot, not to mention how hard it was to breath.
Along I go and I am pulled into another raft that was on the trip with us with my shorts pulled below my ass and everyone seeing my pastiness. At this time everyone else is pulled in too and our boat is safe, though a water cooler is lodged in some rocks across the river and we cant save it. My dad is pulled out too but his pants were completely washed away, not a pretty site. Much to everyone's delight, there is an extra pair of pants, yay. At this point I notice that my knee is bleeding, but I didnt feel it at the time it happened, or even then due to adrenaline. A half hour later I notice that my hip hurts, then I look at it and it is bleeding, the adrenaline has finally worn off. Holy shit. So for the last two days I couldnt run but I am going to try today because my bruise on my hip doesnt hurt as bad... ugh. Im happy that I am alive, it is quite nice to be. The injury count is as follows: one dude hit his quad really hard on a rock but was wearing a wet suit so wasnt cut up, my cousin had her shins bashed by rocks and her ankle is sprained, my hip and knee were hit by rocks and this dumbass in the boat dropped his oar on my shin really hard when we were getting lunch, and my dad had his knee cut up, his ankle cut up as well as sprained and he even broke a toe against a rock, but his words were "I wish they had left me in, it was embarrassing having all those people see my manhood shrivelled up," so his pride was hurt as well.