Previous Posts

Archives

Links
Drake
Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Fourth of July

I ran the 4th race and got pwned hardcore by my calf cramping up to the point where I was kinda running sideways. For more details on this go to my September 21st, 2005 post, it was pretty much just like that with the dropping out and stuff. I know what to do about it so it isnt a big deal, I just forgot since I havent raced in so long. Better, I went through 3 miles hurting in 16:30 while aerobically feeling great, never breathing too hard or anything so my mileage is working great for my aerobic system.
The night before was great at the Pines household where there was a party for Walsh. Colby got thrown in the pool 5 times and there was jubilance and meriment.
Last night was really fun. I drove out with some people to the city to watch the fireworks. Chris HD, Ota, Fin, Torrey, Andy and I went to Pier 39 because the show was going on right there and some interesting shit went down. Torrey got the idea to have pieces of paper with different numbers on them that could be reversed in order to rate people as they went by, then this group of people wearing Santa outfits came and we rated them. Earlier, I had gotten a red little kid's nighty sort of thing with penguins on it from Devo, and I was wearing red and white pants as well so I was decked out like the Santas, plus the number I held up was 9.9, the highest one we had, so they loved me and took a picture with us holding our numbers. One lady gave me candy that I didnt trust but Torrey ate one and wasnt tripping balls so I ate some too. A few minutes later, the fireworks started going off and we had trouble looking for a place to watch from but Torrey and I saw scaffolding which we climbed to the roof but we lost everyone else. From that vantage point, we saw 9 different fireworks shows around the bay and may have seen more but we had to stay low since two security guards were also on the roof, but never noticed us due to the sweet fireworks that they would much rather have watched, lazy asses. Some other shit happened I forgot about, hopefully I will finish.

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates