Drake
Today is the first "race"
The last week has been cool, my classes arent too bad yet even though I have Mayer, and Ive heard only negative things about her. I do have to write an essay by Tuesday for her though, using UC prompts. Im definitely going to write mine about "talent or experience" and use cross country. The essay is meant to be one about bragging and showing off so that a college would want me so Im going to talk about all the awesome people I have met and how I have been shaped to have leadership skills etc. I dont exactly have leadership skills yet but theyre evolving so maybe I'll have them by the time I apply anywhere, lol.
At practice I have been pwning pretty hard and it has been ridiculously hot out here. Monday we did hill repeats on the hill across from the back parking lot at Campo, you go up a side, then zig zag down and wind up on the other side, go up the hill hard again and again zig zag ending on the other side then hard and back lalalala. It was really hot during that and the air was unbearably dry, saliva thickened to the point where I couldnt talk and could barely breath. Uhm... then Wednesday we did 7x1000m tempo things on the track and it was hott(hot ta ta). So those were 3:27, high 3:30s then 3:27 again. The middle ones were kinda slow
because everyone was in lane 1 and HD and I had to go to the outside frequently. Yesterday was long run day(55minuts????) 55 minutes is never a long day, I dont know what that was about.
Today is gonna be cool, Little Ed invite. Its basically us testing out the Ed Sias course, we dont even wear uniforms or any of that good shit. So the plan is run with Andy and then go for a tempo with him afterwards and Nate Beach probably. Mostly itll be just a nice day in the great outdoors... mostly.
People are so weird, they set such high goals for themselves, hate not reaching those goals yet do things that really will fuck them over. I dont understand why people do things that would insure they never reach full potential. This applies to me as well, but fuck, we are all so dumb. I see people just do the worst things for their running who really want to be good and it is dumbfounding. Then there are the kids on the team at lower levels who dont really seem to want to be good, why the fuck are they at practice??? Whatevs, Im getting picked up now bye.