Drake
Saturday morning
Yesterday I had this really sweet workout.
So two weeks ago HD and I were doing these 8x1000m tempo loops at 3:25 average w/60 seconds rest and it was hard as fuck. Most of them were 3:30, at the end we ran a 3:16, 3:18.
Now yesterday Chuck tells us to do 4x2000 and gives me the time, 3:18 to hit in the middle of each, at the 1000. So the first one I go through in 3:18, and think shit, then I finish in 6:33, I have negative splitted a bit. Next one starts in a minute, I jog. I run 6:35, and think, I cant keep this up, theres no way. I run a 6:40. I think its alright, only 4 seconds slow of the time. The next one I go through the mile in 5:16 then start to negative split from there, and end up in 6:30. That was 5 miles/8k in 26:18. Now thats alright, but it wasnt and all out effort and my form and breathing were pretty relaxed the whole way since that was the point of the workout. I am happy with it.
This morning we went to the pool workout and most of the people who went also went to Millie's after and we had food which was good and I ate a lot.
Wednesday: meet, ran 15:44 on the new course. Chuck told me to take it really easy so I did and we won the meet. I ran for 25 minutes at a brisk pace after it.
Thursday: long run, 70 minutes, rim in the middle.
Last night: Fin, Sparky, Riki, HD, Nate Cox and I watched Pretty Woman.Im sleepy.