Drake
A post
I almost forgot I had this it has been so long since I posted.
Ok so Spring Break started with missing half of Friday to go to Stanford where I ran a 1200 leg for the dmr in 3:18 and felt really good after it, so good that I think another lap at that pace was possible then and there. While this is good because it indicates a 4:24, I felt bad that I let the team down a little bit but then I told myself that it wasnt so bad, I just didnt know how to run that race. The team then went 51. for Jed, 2:03 for CHD and 4:44 for Tom. Our coaches and the
Acalanes coaches have an agreement that we will put together our best possible DMR teams for Philips McCain and try to break our respective school records, ours is 10:35. We ran 10:58, so if Vizci runs a 4:24 its 10:38, then again, I should run at least 3 seconds faster, Jed can run a whole second faster for the 400, and HD has run 3 seconds faster than he ran there, thus we can run 10:31ish, but again Vizci could pull a sub 4:20 effort and we'd run sub 10:30. New school record. End of story.
Alright then during the week I just chilled with people and ran then Mo, Viz and I discovered frisbee golfing so we played that Wednesday night, then again Thursday morning before I left for Arcadia. We suck.
Now Arcadia, we left Thursday at 2, without Vizci who went with coach Walsh the next day. When we arrived we got food and then played Mario Kart. Some really funny show came on as we were flipping through channels, called Penis Puppeteers, in which two guys were having an interview and we were interested, then it showed them naked on stage doing some pretty weird shit with their shlongs. That was gross, so Jed called the girls and told them to turn on HBO, they were not happy. The next morning we got up and started running immediately and I felt really good and wanted to go for a long run but I couldnt due to the fact that I had a race later. The race was horrible, HD with a 2:05, me 2:04, Jules 2:14 and Jed 2:04, none of us were where we should have been at all. Then the girls got lapped in their 4xmile. The next day the girls had not too great of 3200s as well, but then Vizci was up---->9:13!!! winning the seeded race... with a kick!!!! led on and off all race then led the last two laps, then distanced the field in the last 400. Im really happy that his races are getting better. That night we played a lot of Mario Kart with everyone on the team and Nate Beach and Mo. The drive back wasnt fun.
Today we did 16x200 in two sets in which the first set I averaged 29.5 and the second I averaged low 30s, so it averaged right under 30 for all of them. The first set was really consistent with all low/mid 29s, and 2 low 30s and the second started with 32, 32 then 31, 30, 28 then 29, 28, 28. The workout including warmup, recovery and cool down was 11 miles., 3200 of which were under 4 minute mile pace, which I thought was pretty cool even though it really isnt that good. But it was pretty damn good for me. Vizci averaged 28s and CHD was low 29s.