Drake
Friday night
I just got back from the musical which was totally awesome even though Im not really a big fan of the Wizard of Oz. Dorothy(Hayley Rose) sang so well right from the start with "Over the Rainbow," it was amazing. Mo, her friends Kristin and Julian somethings and I went to see Finny because she is working really hard on the show, so I had to go, and it turned out to be really good(not that I thought it wouldnt be good) and it was really cool to see a bunch of people I know doing it. I had a great time there, and Vizci is stupid for not wanting to go.
Workouts: Monday we had a tempo thing where we ran to the commons then did 4 miles progressively faster. The first mile was a cool uphill 6:02, then downhill a 5:27 then turn around and did another mile where it was uphill in 5:27 then down the last one in 5:22 with no rest anywhere, except I lost about 6 seconds picking up my shirt at the start of the last mile so it was a 5:16, but with 6 seconds rest kinda. I just like to make my times look fast so I counted that.
Wednesday we did a test 400 which I was not warmed up at all for and ran a 57.5 in trainers. Then a 20 minute run and came back for 6x200 which I was warmed up for, so did them in 29 to start then high 27, high 26 and then just a little under 29 for the next three.
Today we did a weird one. 9 laps, the first at 72, then no stop, running high 80s for 2, a 73, two in the high 80s a sub 70 of sorts(somewhere in 67-69) then two more at mid 80s. 20 minute run and then 3x300 in 49, high 46 then low 44. In other words my speed is up pretty high and Monday's workout indicates my endurance isnt doing too bad either.
Oh, and on Saturday I ran the 3000 at De la Salle in 9:25 and third place. Extremely well paced, out in 73 then 76-77 every single other lap and a 33 last 200. Nate Beach described the last 200 as "swimming" because my stride got so long it looked like I was lollygagging under water. If you run, you know how after a race you think "Oh damn I could have run that faster if I had just..." well I got that feeling in the race and at the finish, and after it as well. I knew and know it could have been quite a bit faster but I'm not unhappy it wasnt. My calves, even though I still felt good aerobically, felt really bad a minute after the race but luckily not during. My calves were really tight straight through until yesterday when I decided to only run 3 miles so my calves could get really fixed. Today they are still pretty tight.
In other news I forget important things that have happened and thus I rarely ever talk about anything good. Except the time I ran naked by people on the beach who made a lighter fluid swastica. That was good shit.