Drake
Sundays suck
This week was pretty dull, no great workouts and then a workout Saturday morning at 8. We ran a 2 mile warmup, then the workout was to run 2 miles uphill at a not too fast pace like 630-7 then turn around and go downhill and negative split each mile. I went up the first miles around 630 and STARTED to haul ass, but that was the end, my calves got really tight and my legs simply werent working anymore so about 800 down the hill I stopped to stretch. After a couple minutes I started again and went slow for a while then with just under a mile I started going fast again, but the workout was already completely shot. It made me realize that I really have trouble with running more than 2 miles at a time without being able to stop, even if they are really really slow, like the warmup. On the two mile warmup, I was in a huge amount of pain just running at 7ish pace, but I thought if i stretch like usual, I would be okay for the rest of it, which was wrong. Coach and I are now going to go to the weight room at brunch 3 days a week so I do some light weight training with my calves and a little with my quads as well. Hopefully, strengthening my calves will solve the problem. The idea with my quads is that they are so skinny that they dont really help with my knee-lift and if they were stronger, that would take some pressure away from my calves. This plan seems like it will work so I am optomistic.
Last night I went to the Concord vs Campo soccer game and we won by 4 or 5 to 0. Pwnage. Nate Beach came and then we decided to go to Ocean Beach, so Vizci, HD, Nate and I drove out to SF and brought some wood for a huge bonfire. There were only like 7 people there when we arrived and a couple were drunk and waving burning sticks around, then like 30 more people came and the fire was pretty good. We got bored of the drunk people and walked to Safeway to get muffins because we were hungry, I hadnt eaten since the soccer game. Then we drove back not too soon after that but it was a good time.