Drake
Wednesday
I had some good stuff happen recently. I had a pretty cool race on Saturday with a 2:03.8 split in the 4x800, which we won. It was an awesome race, Jed starting with a 2:02 that put us in first from the beginning. Then Kyle wasnt feeling well, but elected to run anyways, 2:15, yikes!
Then I split with my new pr, gaining about 20 meters that we had lost on Kyle's very strange leg. Now it was Chris HD, with a good first lap and a half, we were still 10 meters+ behind, 200 to go, no way right? Wrong, he kicked hard, caught the other guy with 30ish to go and won by over a second, it was nuts. Good racing against St. Marys Berkeley.
Then that night I hung out with Finny and it was interesting.
Sunday I ran the 8 mile bike path thing and totally missed the 4 mark, so I went to the 4.25 mark but it was ok doing 8.5. I went up pretty fast and down really fast. I took the two middle down hill ones at around 5:10s, about 800 was well under 5 minute pace. Prett hard run.
Then Monday was another hard day. 8x400 with 90 seconds rest at 64, 67, 66, 65, 64, 65, 64, 63. Ow. Ok so then I was like "time for an easy day" yesterday. So I went with Chris to Redwood and did 5.5, the first part with him. Bad idea. Here is why.
drake zep (9:28:29 PM): i didnt understand why yesterday hurt so much
drake zep (9:28:42 PM): but then i realized it was because i had 3 hard days in a row
Chris Vizcaino (9:28:44 PM): we were going fast
drake zep (9:28:48 PM): not 2
drake zep (9:28:58 PM): yeah we werent moving too slowly
drake zep (9:29:07 PM): and i came back at the same speed we went out
Chris Vizcaino (9:29:22 PM): we were going 5:30 easily
drake zep (9:29:26 PM): what?
drake zep (9:29:27 PM): you ass
drake zep (9:29:34 PM): why do you always do that to me?
But I dont care, I think I will peak well, Im glad he does it.
Alright so there you go, 5:30s the day after 3 hard days and before a meet. So tomorrow I have to run really light and bust out a 9:30 3200 on Friday FTMFW. The field is stacked with people who have faster prs, but I trained through my pr and it was a dual meet so we shall see.
Today I jogged a 4:46 for the mother fucking win. 10 more points, the battle is on for point scoring. I think HD will win, but Vizci, Jed, Bryan Reinke, Tim Marks, and I are all about 35 points now. Its getting tight out there. I ran a lot today giving people 200/400 splits, that was some good mileage, among other things.
Oh I forgot to mention Prom, Im going with Nicole Reed after much deliberation of who to ask and all that jazz, she goes to College Park and I got her thing in today so I have tickets and its all pretty much taken care of yadee yadee ya. Coolness.