Drake
Mariner Invite through today
I got second at the Mariner Invitational to Evan Watchempino who has evaded me for the second time and I never get to race him again:( The race was on a very very tough course that climbed a very large hill and made some loops with more large hills before coming down and towards the finish. At the mile we went through 5:27 since it climbed so much, I was in about 8th place after moving up slowly the first mile. Watchempino had gone to the front immediately and now had a 10 meter gap, I just kept my position on the uphills and rolled the downs. After three large hills, we came to the second loop and went up another significant hill then went through some smaller rolling hills and looped back around to go down the hill. Watchempino was 20m ahead and third some 30m behind me at the beginning of that loop, but starting the downhill he was 10m in front and third at least 35m behind. Thats when he kinda gapped me, on that downhill. Then he kept pouring it out all the way to the finish which was about 800m after the bottom of the downhill and beat me by 9 seconds, I beat third by 11 seconds. I looked up his Clovis time, 15:31 the week before and the other Jesuit guys I beat were all 16:01-15:52.
Then there was 1000m repeats on Monday. I averaged about 3:11, the last one, the eighth one went to shit. Chris and I were running all these together, I was running 1-2 seconds faster and then I ran 3:16 for the 8th which sucked and he busted a 3:07.
Acalanes dual meet. MOST RIDICULOUS COURSE EVER. There was a hill that was as bad as Pre Hill, otherwise known as Cardiac Hill, on the Rim, about 1000m in. So that hill was ridic and I used my secret weapon... I walked up it while sitting on Beach, and he didnt even get further ahead. That is how nuts this course is. Alright so we go along and drop Connor Mooney and I keep battling to stay on Beach, through some ridiculous hills and then down a gradual downhill to another hill which rivals the first one. At the top of this hill Im still holding onto Nate and we have gapped pretty much everyone, HD is clinging to Joey Thomas and passes him on the hill. Nate Cox is bringing up 5th place and almost catches HD and Thomas on the hill. Chuck just yelled to work to make it a two man race so Thomas cant outkick us at the end, the guy has run 22.8 for the 200, get the fuck away from that. Alright we are at the top of this hill and Beach just presses to the point where I cant respond, the morning run is taking its effect on my legs. Aerobically fine, I find myself unable to go with Beach as he pulls away, I do what I can to catch him by using the downhills but my legs dont respond, Im dragging ass. It was hard to take but Nate was obviously doing much better than me at that point and gapping me every second. He pulled and I stopped trying to go after him. HD caught me with 300m to go, I was starting to feel better at that point since I had given up so with 100m to go I outkicked him. Beach won by 28 seconds, apparently he poured it on in the last 1000, and his 500 was practically all out. 17:00, 17:28, 17:31. We had 2 in before Acalanes 2. Joey Thomas comes in, 5 to 5, Nate Cox comes in. 3 before 3, their guy comes in, 11 to 10, we are winning. Acalanes is ranked 1st in the state. Oops here is their 4, 5. Now we lost, but hey it was a good try.
So now we find ourselves ranked 3rd in the state, Im ranked 1st in NCS, gay. Fucking rankings. I hate them, I need to leave dyestat so I stop learning things.
Life
Watched Dreamcatcher on Friday, that movie was hilarious, a dude answered a gun like it was a phone and talked to his friend through his mind. Retarded.
Sparky, Kelly, Nate, Lisa, HD and I went to Pac Tens yesterday and watched Galen Rupp pwn n00bs, he was going so fast and just opened up. Biggest surprise was Diego Mercado getting 9th, man that was nuts, freshman getting 9th and running uber fast. That guy is a baller. Oregon won. Stanford women won too, they put in 4 before anyone's one.
Last night we went around drawing penises on ppl's cars with glass paint and it was jolly. Beach, Sparky, Nate, Riki and White Lightning made for an interesting group of driving around doing that.
I think I might go to some sort of haunted house thing tonight, Ive been doing homework forever.