Drake
400s
Brief synopsis of season so far. 4:24.0 with splits 67 66 68 62. 9:36 with splits 68, 74 then a string of around 72 highs finishing in 68. 2:01 splitting 59, 62. 3k in 8:56 going out in 4:41 and getting a blister, but worth about 9:33 for 3200.
Now the reason I decided to update.
Quarters.
400 meter repeats, one quarter of a mile.
Last year before Tri Valley I was given the task of 8x400 with 60 seconds rest and failed miserably. This year I am given the tast of 12x400 with 60 seconds rest at a faster pace and am sure I am up to it. Mile pace right now seems like 66s and 65s.
My favorite workout in the world is quarters. Nothing makes me more excited. This whole year, I have gone into workouts thinking "I have done this before" and treating them as though they are something to be attacked but not eaten alive. I eat quarters alive.