I am going to find a large round stone with a very fine, smooth outside and spin it. It is time to sharpen the tools. The long and arduous road is coming to a stop sign, winding since mid June, it comes to this. The Big Dance is in 10 days. We have a dress rehearsal for it on Saturday. This is almost it. Swollen muscles which have had very very little rest for a very long time harden for the Task. The Task.
Before thinking about Harry Potter and other such post-state activities, the Task still lays at hand. Everything in preparation has been done, rest is it. Rest will achieve the ultimate Goal. Ultimate for this season anyway. I have been given to thinking about base mileage, the league meet sucked that much for me, I think ahead. The Task lays in front of me.
Coming down from my mileage to now has been pretty sick. HD and I battled out a grueling workout yesterday. 100, 100, 200, 200, 300, 300 with 15 seconds rest and 3 sets of them, 5 minutes between sets. We averaged 16 per 100, even with the 100s being 16, it was all the same fucking fast pace with no rest. I found it, it was there afterall. The last gear. It was there, all season I had been looking for it, and I found it yesterday. Last 300, we come off the turn to the final 100, I let it all loose. Chuck yelling, I finish in 48 for 300, same pace, different effort. That last 100 put me alone, in the front, ahead of HD by about 7meters. The grueling trial pays off with that which is hardest to do, to do less.
NCS is Saturday, the rehearsal for the Big Dance. This rehearsal is being watched, if it doest go well, there will be no Dance. The Dance is in 10 days. I will be there with my dancing shoes on the ballroom floor, dancing in the noon sun. Last year I never went to any dances, but did well at the Big Dance. This year I danced at a dance and I will Dance very well at the Dance.
smacktooth said...
I like this entry. The last couple sentences get confusing with all the dancing mentioned. I remember that workout was hella hard. wow i ran over a minute for the 300 what was i thinking.

Calvin said...
dude, what the hell were you talking about in that last paragraph??
