Previous Posts

Archives

Links
Drake
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Two days here, we leave Friday morning at 9.
Tapered.
Tired.
I dont get it, I need to sleep so much.
8 hours leaves me entirely disfunctional.

I think I pissed off my dad, Im not going to stay at his house tonight because here I can get a full 10+ hours without any noise. Family is cool, but Im not gonna stay around them when I have state in three days. Today we did an easy 25 and picked up Torrey at his house. Easy means ridiculously easy. Unbearably easy.

Game plan: sleep forever tonight. Sleep forever tomorrow night. Sleep forever Friday night. Get top 10 at state. 15:50 is well within reach. 15:40 is the realistic uber hard goal.

NCS didnt go too well. We (Nate Beach, Joey Thomas and I) went through the mile and Tad Beach called out 4:55, unfortunately this was at the mile marker, which is in fact about 30m after where the first mile actually ends. So 4:50 through the mile. I take the lead, Drosky and Thigpen go by, I wish to draft off of them. We head up the hill, on the downhill I take the lead again. On the uphill right after the bottom of the hill, Greg and Thigpen go by again. At the 2 mile mark, it is Drosky, 2m back is Thigpen, I am next to, and slightly back from him, about 2m. We go another 300m, down on the track.

On the track I hit the wall, I go from being right behind Greg to 10m back. Then Attarian passes me, then Beach passes me, Greg lengthens his lead. I go from 5m back at the beginning of the track to 15-20 when we start the uphill. I now have a cramp. This cramp and this wall really really are hurting me, I keep falling further and further off. I remember the workout last Tuesday and try to run as efficiently as possible while in pain, maybe it saved my race from being completely lost.

I get to the base of the last uphill, Miramonte girls below tell me that my teammate is coming and he will help pull me through. Chris passes me, takes me with him. I am in excrutiating pain. My cramp, with 1200 to go, got to the point where I was letting out bursts of "ah" and "fuck" using up energy I dont have, but I couldnt stop it. Holding my side, I follow Chris to the top of the hill, I let it take me down to the finish. With 40m or so to go I look up at the clock and see 15:51 and think that there is no way in hell I'm not going to break 16 this year, I ran 16:02 last year and Im in shape to run 15:20, no way in hell am I letting 16 get away from me. I sprint with what I have, a very slow sprint to say the least. I have run 15:59, and got 6th place, HD got 5th in 15:55. I have closed in about 5:55. In the finish, I let out a very loud yell of pain and hold my side like I have been shot. I yell about 3 more times in pain, the chute workers all think there is some sort of emergency, a man asks me if I am okay and I say "no" but I just walked out and into the field and stood. Worst race of my life. Going from 2nd at the mile in 4:50, to 3rd by 3m in around 10 minutes at the 2 mile to 15:59 has taught me something; Nate Beach is crazy, dont go out with him.

The team did very well though. Our 7th, Jaret Hendrickson was the fastest 7th in the NCS. I gotta go, ill finish later

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates