Previous Posts

Archives

Links
Drake
Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday after finals

Finals week was cool. I went for a run on I think Thursday and was about a half mile in when I realized I was kidding myself doing that run and needed to let my knee heal. I took three days off and now today Im doing full briones res with a few kids from around the league.

Two nights ago we had capture the flag at hidden lakes park where Ed Sias is held which was put on by Andy Peabody who did a very nice job. Nate Beach, Connor Mooney and I had a sweet plan where we went to the other base by taking a long route then hiding behind a berm(their base was in the middle of some dirt jumps). We had it so that one of them would get the flag and throw it to the other who was near the berm, then it would be thrown to me across the creek and I would just haul ass the half mile to our base. Unfortunately the game ended really quickly and we never went through with the plan. Some time in there the CP boys tried to dunk Finny into the water and failed, but then they got Mo and she looked pretty unhappy.

Later I was starting up my car and someone tapped on the window, they looked pretty tall so I thought it was Nate, but then they shined a light into my eyes and told me to turn my car off. That cop was a douche bag, but his partner was cool and actually a track coach and knew coach Walsh, he talked to us and after barely any time realized that we are fucking 1337 runners and werent drinking. Meanwhile the other cop kept nosing around with his flashlight and then they left after telling us the park was closed and we had to leave. So then I took some people to their houses and said goodnight and it was jolly.

Last night I watched Wedding Crashers at Sparky's and I thought that was a great movie and at the end it had a song that was on the first bike video I ever owned so I sung along, then realized that Chris HD was the person who had bought me that video back in 6th grade and told him and it was like cool.

ADDED Tuesday Morning: So the long run thing went better than expected(sort of), Viz, Nate Cox, Nate Beach, Finny, Peabody, Connor Mooney, Gurinder, Tad Beach, Kevin Ota, Ryan Troxel, Ethan Mark and I went to Briones to run around the reservoir. Some people turned around after 4.5 miles, but Finny and Gurinder were farther behind and took a wrong turn. Nate Beach, Kevin Ota, Andy Peabody, Connor Mooney, Viz and I did the whole 14, and Finny decided to do it, but like I said took a wrong turn and she and Gurinder didnt show up(we are blaming Gurinder, who Craig said could get lost in his own room, not Fin). Back at the cars, we wondered where they had gone, but Tad had to take some kids home and said he would call to see if we had found them. We organized a search party and realized that the flashlight in my car has no batteries so then we were just going to go out anyway, but then Finny called her cell which was back at my car and I feared it was possibly her parents, but thought it was best to pick up anyway. She told us she found a woman who then talked to me and we decided to meet at an intersection, then I got Fin and Gurinder and went out to drop everyone off at their homes, and Beach called again and I told him everything was fine and it was all ok. Then I was really muddy and hungry so I took a shower and ate dinner. Then I went to bed somewhat early and woke up at 3 and drank a bunch of water. This morning my knee hurts pretty bad so I am going to be doing gym workouts/pooling/biking/x-training in general for the next probably a week, then I'll ease my way back in and hopefully be fixed and a little fit for when track starts.

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates